Original Facebook post November 6, 2012 ·
On this elections day, 2012, I chose the quote by the great conservationist President for five reasons.
1. I’m guessing Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt is a big part of the reason why there’s still quiet majesty like this for us to see in America.
2. He started life as a sickly kid, but rebuilt himself to be hale and hearty.
3. I went to a great high school named after him in Wyandotte, Michigan.
4. Because I read a sign on Whiskey Row in Prescott, AZ that said that Teddy and his "posse", the Rough Riders used to come there to quench their thirst.
5. They named the Teddy Bear after him. And on a day where our nation is so divided, it's nice to know the one thing we can all still agree on is how much we love teddy bears. :-)
Cover Contents Books Home Hire Stories