I created this cover a few years ago, but I chose it for this year’s road trip for a couple of reasons. First, the image I shot shows two converging tracks heading for an uncertain destination. For me this pictured exactly how I felt about coming out of a crazy 2020 and looking tentatively ahead to an unknown 2021. Secondly, since all my travel books have song titles, I thought Fleetwood Mac’s “Go Your Own Way” (featuring Arizona singer, Stevie Nicks) was the perfect anthem. For it captured my goal to just go where the road took me rather than meticulously plan every route and destination.
My motto for my 2021 road trip is “Les(s) Is More”. :-) It means that I will write fewer words and let the photos of the Amazing Places in our extraordinary country speak volumes. It is my hope that in doing so, you will experience some of the same joy, wonder and humor I did when I chose to go my own way.
Les Maness www.StoriesFromTheRoadLesTraveled.com
Table Of Contents
01. Go Your Own Way.
02. Amazing Place: Tourist Home, Flagstaff, AZ.
03. Amazing Places: Zion National Park, UT.
04. Amazing Places: Duck Creek, UT.
05. Amazing Places: Scenic Byway 12, UT.
06. Amazing Places: Bryce Canyon, UT.
07. Amazing Places: Carbondale, CO.
08. Amazing Places: Carbondale, CO.
09. Amazing Places: Carbondale, CO.
10. Amazing Places: Independence Pass, CO.
11. Amazing Places: Independence Pass, CO.
12. Amazing Places: Twin Lakes, CO.
13. Nikola Tesla’s Lab, Colorado Springs, CO.
14. Fallen Fire Fighter Memorial, Colorado Springs, CO.
15. Highway 50: The Loneliest Road In America.
16. Amazing Places: Dodge City, KS.
17. A Fishing Hole, Hutchinson, KS.
18. Kansas: Where Tornadoes Are Right Up Your Alley.
19. I’ll Take Manhattan (Kansas).
20. We’re Off To See The Wizard.
21. Yep. I Followed It. :-)
22. Everything’s Coming Up Roses.
23. Found Him!
24. Amazing Places: Ortonville, MI.
25. Amazing Places: Ortonville, MI.
26. Amazing Places: Ortonville, MI.
27. Like A Rolling Stone.
28. Amazing Places: Raven Cafe, Port Huron, MI.
29. Amazing Places: Caseville, MI.
30. Michigan Vietnam Vets Memorial Island Park.
More Chapters Coming Soon! :-)
Contents Books Home Hire Stories